Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and love is in the air here in Morehead City, NC! If you’re looking for a special way to make this February 14th extra special, why not take a romantic getaway to beautiful Morehead City, North Carolina? From romantic beach walks to sampling some of the best seafood in Eastern NC, it’s the perfect place for couples to celebrate the holiday of love. Let’s explore some of the best ways to enjoy a romantic Valentine’s Day getaway in this coastal town.
- Take a Sunset Cruise on Bogue Sound What better way to spend Valentine’s Day in Morehead City, NC than watching the sunset over beautiful Bogue Sound? Sunset cruises with live music and incredible views make for one romantic evening. If you’re looking for something a bit more intimate, consider booking one of the private cruises for just you and your special someone.
- Explore The Downtown Area Morehead City’s quaint downtown area is filled with beautiful places to explore on Valentine’s Day. From breweries to trendy boutiques and interesting thrift stores, there’s something to explore everywhere you look. You can even find some venues where you can enjoy live music or trivia while sipping on your adult beverage.
- Take a Trip to The Museum Are you a bit of a history buff? Take your date out to Morehead’s very own museum! Located on Arendell Street in the heart of downtown, The History Museum of Carteret County is a humble museum documenting the history of the county. The petite center features military memorabilia, local art, and an exhibit of women’s suffrage in the area.
- A Night at the Movies Nothing says “Valentine’s Day” like cuddling up in front of the big screen! Located just a short drive from Morehead City, NC, and features all the latest Hollywood flicks. It also boasts comfortable stadium seating with tables between each row so that you can set up camp before the movie starts. Plus, there’s an arcade room if you want to add some competitive sparks to your date!
- Dinner at Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant
A day or night out in Morehead City, NC wouldn’t be complete without dinner at Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant. One of the oldest restaurants in the area, Sanitary has withstood the test of time and is just as popular with locals and tourists as it was in 1938. Our restaurant is so iconic, it was recently immortalized on Guy Fieri’s Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives! Wow your date with fun facts about our history over a delicious plate of flounder, hushpuppies, and oysters, thought to be aphrodisiacs!
Sanitary Fish Market and Restaurant | Morehead City, NC
This Valentine’s Day, make sure you don’t miss out on all that Morehead City, NC has to offer! While the holiday’s placement in the colder months may make it harder to enjoy the outdoors, you can still have a memorable day or evening in this charming little city by the coast. From romantic cruises to dining on some of the best seafood in Eastern NC, there’s plenty to do and see in Morehead this month! Looking for more information about one of the best restaurants in Morehead City? Visit our web to learn more about our history, dining culture, and menu today!